I was quite new in that kind of tools, but I learn it in just a few minutes. The most important thing on the XD is what kind of tool it is. It’s so specific tool for work in the apps and websites sort of design. That’s the reason maybe why I learn working with XD so fast.
Better view on your product
I was working with photoshop. For me the problem between developing and designing was with fonts at all. Different view of fonts in browsers as in Photoshop. Rendering was soo different. Now with XD the view is the same.
Really great work with UI kits
The most valuable thing is working with UI kit. We have allready done the UI kit for all of the elements which are using for mobile/desktop app like: buttons, headline, paragraphs, colors, charts, logos. All of them includes paddings, margins and the other things for better cooperations with devs.
Whole app in one place
I can remeber my times, when I was starting with designing of websites. One psd for one page. The size was sometimes soo big (200mbs). Of course, now Adobe Photoshop inludes artboards. But so many artboards means big file. I can’t imagine to have a design all of the pages in one psd file.
We are using cloud drive also and I can’t imagine to work with such a big files, too slow for uploads, saving.
But with XD it is posibble to have whole app in one file. Also with the basic prototypes for devs and marketing. Without using other tools.
There are still a lot of things to do
I am not talking that the tool is soo-super-cool. Not at all, but it is time-saver and with the good cooparating and documentation for devs you are able to design pretty great things. And for a beta it’s absolutelly usefull.
What I am missing a lot:
- Gradient colors — for me its necessary to have this solution. For a backgrounds, buttons.
- Share link — missing it a lot, when I need to cooparate with other people it would be so helpfull to have a shareable link with the prototype.
- Notes — would be great to have a notes in the xd file. For the notes, or devs documentation. Like for the CSS and other staffs.
- Show/export CSS — for me the necessary to have this solution, or to be able open the file in Avocode or the other apps like this.
- Export/import .svg, .ai files
There are also other things, but at all. The tool is in beta, the adobe devs and also community growing so fast and I see the future in a tool like this.
And what about you? Do you use the Adobe XD app?
If you like it just share it via social buttons in the end of the article.
Yeah and don’t forget to let my know what you would like to see next time via Twitter.!🙂